2016-08-13

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade your Materials

So maybe I am the last one to figure this out...but here goes:

To upgrade or not to upgrade Desh (& Phrik & Cortosis & Durasteel & Mephitine) that is the question.

Well I took some time and did the math to share it with the Cartel.

I took 4 - 3*Star Desh and upgraded them to a 1 - 4*Desh, this cost me 6,000 credits. I then used the 1 - 4* Desh to level up a piece of equipment.  This cost me 10,800 credits but I earned 689,200 xp for the equipment.  Using this process I spent 6,000 + 10,800 credit = 16,8000.  This works out to be 41.02 xp per credit spent.

I then took the same 4 - 3*Desh and used them to upgrade the equipment directly.  This cost me 14,400 credits and I only gained 672,400 xp.  So with this method I gained less xp, but I also spent less credit.  In this method, you get 46.69 xp per credit spent.

So overall, I believe it makes more sense to NOT upgrade your materials, just use them as is.  With the new inventory system space is no longer at a premium.

(FYI - I did the same calculation for the Elemental Bonus Material and it still work out the same way.)

Let me know if I missed some obvious issue.

Otherwise, happy leveling.
Ryer Grogan

1 comment:

  1. This was my initial thought, however a bit more goes into it. There is a different upgrade cost to the gear based on what material tier. The higher the material the cheaper the cost. I think for low level gear when you are higher leveler character it doesn't matter. But does matter is the higher level gear and the upgrade cost. I think it's cheaper to upgrade the material to highest tier. I usually prefer 7* material to save cost.

    ReplyDelete